Samstag, 10. Juli 2010

Sad News About Profile Picks Program

Hi everyone :-)

After getting a few reports today (July 8, 2010) about the profile picks device no longer working I did a bit of research to find the problem, and I was directed to two bog posts by LL, which helped solve the riddle.

LL have updated their inworld search once again, and starting today profile picks will no longer be indexed in "All search". Picks might be included again to some extent at a later point, but for now they are not.

This means that profile picks devices unfortunately will no longer be able to verify any profile picks at all, and it's also no longer possible to search for picks manually. Picks will still be visible when one opens a profile manually, but the ability to search specifically for picks through "All search" has been taken away.

This is why I sadly have to announce that I can't continue my Profile Picks reward program the way you know it because it's technically no longer possible with the results stripped from "All search".
I am very sorry about it :-(

I hope I can find a way to still offer some kind of reward for a profile pick even if picks will no longer be indexed by search, but I currently don't really know how to archive it. It could be something like entering a free lottery, where a device will draw the winners for a store card or a gift, and I could verify picks manually then, but I don't know if this can be scripted in a way so it's workable - currently this is just one of a few ideas that I'll have to give more thought.

I will send an update if I find a way to archive it, I just can't promise anything at this point ;-)

A big THANK YOU to all of you who have participated in my profile picks reward program, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, and a big THANK YOU to those of you who will still leave MB-CreationZ in their picks, your support is always greatly appreciated :-)

Hugs you all and sorry again for the sad news!

For those interested, here are the links to the blog posts:
http://blogs.secondlife.com/community/technology/blog/2010/07/07/search-upcoming-release
http://blogs.secondlife.com/community/technology/blog/2010/07/08/search-todays-release

Minke
MB-CreationZ Mainstore